Friday, November 5, 2010

Selling Jam

It turns out selling jam online isn't such a tough thing to do after all.  Well, the process of getting your product online for the purpose of selling to the general public isn't such a big deal.  Getting customers and marketing yourself is another thing.  I was killing myself trying to figure out how to put a stupid shopping cart on my (very basic) web site.  It turns out, if you go through a big name web-building company, they make everything to the super-under-educated web builder extremely easy.  However, it costs way more money than you want it to.  So, I went for linking my page (and this blog) to a little Etsy site where I can give a shot at selling some stuff without putting up (excuse the pun) a lot of cashola.  Besides, we really need any Dam Jam money to buy jars and sugar right now.  The holidays are coming after all!  Anyway, Etsy was super-easy to set up, and I'm also rather into sitting around and looking at everyone's little Etsy shops.  It's like when I was first introduced to Facebook.  Oh. My. God.  It was incredible how many people I could be in touch with so suddenly.  I'm still amazed by it really, but I'm more in the maintenance phase of Facebooking now.  It's our second stage of the relationship.  Etsy-- I'm in love.  I want to buy all my Christmas presents there, and I selfishly want all my gifts to come from Etsy as well. Wait, maybe not the kick-ass produce scale I hope my husband will try to surprise me with.  I know, it's a weird thing to get excited about, but that's my world now.  So, if you haven't already, check out my try at selling jam on the World Wide Web.  I love calling it that.

Oh, and so you don't think that ALL I do is sit around and surf Etsy for jewelry, art, and funky vintage stuff while the girls are locked in the basement all day, here is proof that we have left the house recently.

3 girls SO happy to be finished planting bulbs

Ruby showing off her new $2 church fair hat.  Seriously.  2 bucks.

Leaf woman playing her leaf guitar, or maybe it's a violin


 

1 comment:

  1. That is great you are all set up. I bet you could get some orders via FB for Christmas presents. Love the church fair hat!

    ReplyDelete