Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Procrastination Series

Many of the creative things I do around here are the result of my wasting time because I should be doing some other productive thing that's supposed to get done.  So, I figure the time really isn't wasted if I can turn the creative thing into something for the kids or our home right?  I'm pretty sure I have at least 15 more years of using the girls as my excuse for doing fun things while I should be doing less fun things-- like cleaning, running errands, or having a job, for example.  Here's my first cool ditty (today anyway).  It's the direct result of not wanting to do any dishes.

Wait-- this isn't it.  This is Joe after falling asleep last night on the ottoman behind our much-more-comfortable couch.  We've been staying up pretty late procrastinating (see a theme here?) getting things done around the house.  It took a toll on him.  Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure I was looking for the remote.  
Ah-- here it is.  Today's little procrastination effort.  I coulda made sandwiches, but I had visions of the girls dressing up in tea-party attire, using toothpicks to munch on there not-so-well-hidden string bean bites and other relatively healthy options.  We'll see how it goes.  Now I'm going for a run.  I swear I am.  Then I'm coming home to do dishes.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good to me! Love the pic of Joe- that just does NOT look comfortable!!

    ReplyDelete