Monday, June 21, 2010

Lavigne's

 
When I learned that for many local farmers strawberries would be 2 or 3 weeks earlier than usual this year, I had to make plans to go picking.  I know I'll be psyched when the best local berries are ready-- Anderson Farms, of course-- but until I see 'em, I'm relying on Lavigne's.  Sorry-- no web site.  Just big signs all over southern Maine marking where to turn in order to get there.  It's a relatively large operation not too far from here, and while I had been there years ago, I didn't remember their fields being so ridiculously plentiful.  We ended up with about 30 pounds in less than an hour, and we had 5 girls under 5 by our sides.  All of them had to pee throughout, not-a-one at the same time, and either Holly or I (mostly I) had to constantly quit picking in order to re-explain how eating parts of strawberries, then throwing them in our containers, was not ok.  Still, we had a great time, as usual, especially since it was all followed up by a fabulous ice cream lunch at Shaw's Ridge.  Thank you very much, Mocha Chip.

                                                                  Good effort, Olivia!


No comments:

Post a Comment