Thursday, June 17, 2010

Strawberries I


We bought, yes bought, local strawberries a couple days ago so I could get going on the jam-making.  I'm waiting not-so-patiently for the arrival of strawberries at Anderson Farms, but clearly I can not control myself since I have plans to bring three preschoolers picking today in what is likely to be rain.  Oh, and we're meeting friends, including two more kids under the age of 5.  I'm pretty sure I have a diagnosable condition when it comes to my desire to make jam.  OJD?  Yes, most likely.  Besides all that, it's just fun to go picking with friends.  Off to Lavigne's today.  

2 comments:

  1. It's so worth it. We just cracked open our Above the Jam blueberry and it was a little slice of heaven, minus the crust. SO so good. Pick away my new friend, pick away! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lavigne's ROCKED! and what rocked even more is that my kids did not fall asleep in the car and now I have them napping at home. yeeee hawwwwwwww! off to eat strawberries. oh and I can't WAIT to crack open the rhubarb pie jam-I will be eating that in secret out behind the garage with a spoon and shall NOT share with anyone. Mu wa Ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete